In this demo (with video), I am going to use Red Hat Fuse Online, a citizen integration tool to integrate MQTT, Kafka and a DBMS. By citizen integration, I mean no code needs to be written. Everything is done using Fuse Online’s graphical user interface.
More info on Red Hat Fuse Online can be found here: https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/jboss-middleware/fuse-online
The use case involves the following:
- sending an XML message to a MQTT topic
- Performing a transformation on the XML
- persisting the transformed XML to Kafka (AMQ Streams: https://www.redhat.com/en/resources/amq-streams-datasheet)
- Retrieving the transformed XML from Kafka
- Mapping the XML to a DBMS table before persisting it
- Using a web application to retrieve info persisted in the DBMS
All of these, with the exception of the web application, has been built using Fuse Online without writing a single line of code. They are deployed on Red Hat Openshift.
Thanks for watching.